We have programs for all ages and levels of player.
ANZ HOT SHOTS COACHING
Hot Shots is a Tennis Australia coaching and playing program where kids progress through 4 stages: Blue, Red, Orange and Green. Students use modified equipment and are encouraged to develop at their own pace, moving on to the next stage when they are ready.
An extensive starter program for children 3-5 years old. Here students will develop fundamental perceptual motor skills and build a strong foundation with all modified equipment.
- Ages 3 – 5 years
- Classes 30 minutes long
- Modified equipment to enhance learning (red ball – 25% compression and larger than a standard ball)
- All activities designed to keep younger kids engaged and to teach tennis basics while developing motor skills, co-ordination and balance
A beginner program for those who have graduated from the blue stage program or are first time starters in tennis. Provides a great foundation in technique and rallying skills while building on key motor skill development.
- Ages 5 – 8 years
- Beginner program
- Uses modified equipment to enhance learning (red ball – 25% compression which bounce lower and slower making them easier to hit)
- Students learn grips, strokes and to control and rally the ball
The orange stage classes are designed to be fun and engaging while working on technical and tactical areas in game based situations.
- Ages 8 and up
- Advanced beginner to intermediate
- Uses modified equipment to enhance learning (orange ball 50% compression which travels a little faster than the red ball and are the same size as a standard ball)
- Students learn the fundamentals of tennis including grips, swing patterns, rallying, serving and scoring
The green stage program is designed to continue to work on technical and tactical areas while using a full size court.
- Ages 9 and up
- Intermediate program
- Uses modified equipment to enhance learning (Green court) green ball (75% compression)
- Prepares students for junior tennis tournaments and competitions in a fun environment. Aims to further develop their game through singles and match play